Tomball Texas Tort Claims Act Attorney | Lawyers that Sue Tomball or Texas
Tomball Texas Tort Claims Act lawyers may pursue cases against state the Texas, the City of Tomball or Harris County, Texas. In order to accomplish this task, they must follow the rules set forth in the Texas Tort Claims Act.
Texas Tort Claims Act Tomball Attorneys
Subchapter A. General Provisions
Subchapter B. Tort Liability of Governmental Units
- Sec. 101.021. Governmental Liability.
- Sec. 101.0211. No Liability for Joint Enterprise.
- Sec. 101.0215. Liability of a Municipality.
- Sec. 101.022. Duty Owed: Premise and Special Defects.
- Sec. 101.023. Limitation on Liability on Amount of Liability.
- Sec. 101.024. Exemplary Damages.
- Sec. 101.025. Waiver of Governmental Immunity Permission to Sue.
- Sec. 101.026. Individual's Immunity Preserved.
- Sec. 101.027. Liability Insurance.
- Sec. 101.028. Workers' Compensation Insurance.
- Sec. 101.029. Liability for Certain Conduct of State Prison Inmates.
Subchapter C. Exclusions and Exceptions
- Sec. 101.051. School and Junior College Districts Partially Excluded.
- Sec. 101.052. Legislative.
- Sec. 101.053. Judicial.
- Sec. 101.054. State Military Personnel.
- Sec. 101.055. Certain Governmental Functions.
- Sec. 101.056. Discretionary Powers.
- Sec. 101.057. Civil Disobedience and Intentional Torts.
- Sec. 101.058. Landowner's Liability.
- Sec. 101.059. Attractive Nuisances.
- Sec. 101.060. Traffic and Road Control Devices.
- Sec. 101.061. Tort Committed Before January 1, 1970.
- Sec. 101.062. 9-1-1 Emergency Service.
- Sec. 101.063. Members of Public Health District.
- Sec. 101.064. Land Acquired Under Foreclosure of Lien.
- Sec. 101.065. Negligence of Off-Duty Law Enforcement Officers.
- Sec. 101.066. Computer Date Failure.
- Sec. 101.067. Graffiti Removal.
Sec. 101.101. Notice.
- ALSO NOTE - That Harris County, Texas has an additional Notice provision. It reads:
Sec. 4.04. - Required notice for claims against the city.
Before the City shall be liable for damages for the death or personal injuries of any person or for damages to or destruction of property of any kind, the person injured, if living, or his representatives, if deceased, or the owner of the property damaged or destroyed, his agent or attorney shall give the City Manager or City Secretary notice in writing of such death, injury, damage or destruction, duly verified by affidavit, within six (6) months after the damages were sustained, stating specifically in such written notice when, where, and how the death, injury, damage or destruction occurred, and the apparent extent of any such injury, the amount of damages sustained, the actual residence of the claimant by street and number at the date the claim is presented, the actual residence of such claimant for six (6) months immediately preceding the occurrence of such death, injury, damage or destruction and the names and addresses of all witnesses upon whom it is relied to establish the claim for damages. No action at law for damages shall be brought against the City for such death, injury, damage or destruction prior to the expiration of ninety (90) days after the notice herein described has been filed with the City Manager or City Secretary.
City Secretary's office for the City of Tomball
Assistant City Secretary
401 Market Street
Tomball, TX 77375
- Sec. 101.102. Commencement of Suit.
- Sec. 101.103. Legal Representation.
- Sec. 101.104. Evidence of Insurance Coverage.
- Sec. 101.105. Settlement.
- Sec. 101.106. Election of Remedies.
- Sec. 101.107. Payment and Collection of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.108. Ad Valorem Taxes for Payment of Judgment.
- Sec. 101.109. Payment of Claims against Certain Universities.
Please visit our Federal Tort Claims Act Lawyer page for an understanding of the difference between the state action and the federal action.
Tomball attorneys that sue the City of Tomball, or Harris County or the state of Texas Serve
Serving clients throughout Southeastern Texas, including Aldine, Atascocita, Bellaire, Conroe, Houston, Humble, Jacinto City, Katy, Magnolia, Mission Bend, Northwest Harris, Oak Ridge North, Pecan Grove, Pinehurst, Shenandoah, Spring, Stagecoach, Sugar Land, West University Place, The Woodlands and other communities in Harris County.